Episode 27.5 of the “This Week in Marvel” podcast, with guest Danny Pudi—Abed on Community— is live. We talked about Wolverine and Spider-Man and Community and all kinds of rad stuff. Danny was really awesome and having him on the show was a blast.
A random smattering of stuff I enjoyed this week.
- While sick with a wicked cold yesterday I beat both Halo: Reach and Mass Effect 2. Loved ‘em both, probably teh Haloz more than ME2. But I’m psyched for ME3! And I put some quality time into Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. All the tricksy challenges: I want to complete them!
- I probably listened to Cloud Cult’s “Light Chasers” album 4 or 5 times this week. I’m diggin’ it big time.
- Something just clicked for me with Anamanaguchi, as well. They need more songs so I can enjoy the 8-bit goodness to the max.
- We got a new rug in our bedroom and it’s super-soft. My feets like it. Even better, the cats love it. Maybellene was rolling on it and rubbing herself all over it. Too cute for words.
- Community and 30 Rock started up again. Both season premieres were fantastic.
- We saw The Town today and it was excellent. Ben Affleck was great as both actor and director. And Jeremy Renner! I didn’t even realize that was him in the movie until Elizabeth told me while we were driving home. He’s gonna be so awesome as Hawkeye in Marvel Studios’ The Avengers!
- The latest issue of Bendis & Romita Jr.’s AVENGERS was full of crazy and I loved it.
- This is my little guy, Brian Eno. He jumped on my lap while I was typing this. He’s now purring and it’s wonderful—and a bit difficult to type.
What rad stuff did you dig this week?